Version 1.1 Updated 9th April 2018
We are committed to treating you with respect and openness.
1. Who we are
Here at Liphook in Bloom we are committed to protecting your personal information and making every effort to ensure that your personal information is processed in a fair, open and transparent manner.
We are a “data controller” for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 and (from 25 May 2018) the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“Data Protection Law”). This means that we are responsible for, and control the processing of, your personal information.
2. How we collect information about you
We collect information from you in the following ways:
When you interact with us directly: This could be if you ask us about our activities, register as a Team Member or Helper, make a donation to us, become a Sponsor or otherwise provide us with your personal information. This includes when you phone us, enter personal information on our website or get in touch through the post, or in person.
From other information that is available to the public: In order to tailor our communications with you to your background and interests we may collect information about you from publicly available sources.
3. Information we collect and why we use it
Personal information we collect includes details such as your name, email address, postal address and telephone number, as well as information you provide in any communications between us. You will have given us this information whilst making a donation or providing sponsorship, registering as Team Member or Helper or any of the other ways to interact with us.
We will mainly use this information:
• To process your donations or sponsorship.
• To update you with important administrative messages about your donation or sponsorship, an event or services you have requested.
• To keep a record of your relationship with us.
• Where you volunteer with us, to administer and update you on the volunteering arrangements.
If you do not provide this information, we will not be able to process your donation or sponsorship, sign you up for a particular event or keep you updated on the volunteer arrangements you have requested.
We may also use your personal information:
• To contact you about our work and how you can support Liphook in Bloom.
• To invite you to participate in Liphook in Bloom activities.
4. Legal basis for using your information
In some cases, we will only use your personal information where we have your consent or because we need to use it in order to fulfil a contract with you.
However, there are other lawful reasons that allow us to process your personal information and one of those is called ‘legitimate interests’. This means that the reason that we are processing information is because there is a legitimate interest for Liphook in Bloom to process your information to help us to pursue our aim and objectives of keeping Liphook blooming (eg: when you have signed up as a current Team Member, Helper or Sponsor).
Whenever we process your Personal Information under the ‘legitimate interest’ lawful basis we make sure that we take into account your rights and interests and will not process your personal information if we feel that there is an imbalance and it may be damaging to you.
Some examples of where we have a legitimate interest to process your Personal information are where we contact you about our work and provide updates via post, use your personal information for data analytics, or for contacting Team Members and Helpers with the necessary administrative updates.
We will only contact you about our work and how you can support Liphook in Bloom by phone or email.
However, if you have provided us with your postal address we may send you information about our work and how you can support Liphook in Bloom by mail unless you have told us that you would prefer not to hear from us in that way.
You can update your choices or stop us sending you these communications at any time by contacting ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ or clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the relevant communication.
6. Sharing your Information
The personal information we collect about you will solely be used by our volunteers at Liphook in Bloom so that they can support you.
We will never sell or share your personal information with organisations so that they can contact you for any marketing activities.
We may disclose your information if required to do so by law (for example, to comply with applicable laws, regulations and codes of practice or in response to a valid request from a competent authority).
7. Keeping your information safe
We take looking after your information very seriously. We’ve implemented appropriate physical, technical and organisational measures to protect the personal information we have under our control, both on and off-line, from improper access, use, alteration, destruction and loss.
Unfortunately the transmission of information using the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information sent to us this way, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to our site.
8. How long we hold your information for
We only keep it as long as is reasonable and necessary for the relevant activity, which may be to fulfil statutory obligations and continue to pursue the aims and objectives of Liphook in Bloom.
9. Your rights
You have various rights in respect of the personal information we hold about you – these are set out in more detail below. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, you can do so by email at email@example.com or in writing to Melanie Burns c/o 20 Tunbridge Crescent Liphook GU30 7QQ
• Access to your personal information: You have the right to request access to a copy of the personal information that we hold about you, along with information on what personal information we use, why we use it, who we share it with, how long we keep it for and whether it has been used for any automated decision making. You can make a request for access free of charge. Please make all requests for access in writing, and provide us with evidence of your identity.
• Right to object: You can object to our processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes. Please contact us as noted above, providing details of your objection.
• Consent: If you have given us your consent to use personal information (for example, for marketing), you can withdraw your consent at any time.
• Rectification: You can ask us to change or complete any inaccurate or incomplete personal information held about you.
• Erasure: You can ask us to delete your personal information where it is no longer necessary for us to use it, you have withdrawn consent, or where we have no lawful basis for keeping it.
• Portability: You can ask us to provide you or a third party with some of the personal information that we hold about you in a structured, commonly used, electronic form, so it can be easily transferred.
• Restriction: You can ask us to restrict the personal information we use about you where you have asked for it to be erased or where you have objected to our use of it.
Please note, some of these rights only apply in certain circumstances and we may not be able to fulfil every request.
‘Cookie’ is a name for a small file, usually of letters and numbers, which is downloaded onto your device, like your computer, mobile phone or table when you visit a website.
Some websites use them to recognise your device, so that the sites can work more effectively, and also gather information about how you use the site. A cookie, by itself, can’t be used to identify you.
However, at Liphook in Bloom we do not use any cookies to track our website visitors.
To find out more about this policy and how we look after your personal information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to Melanie Burns c/o 20 Tunbridge Crescent Liphook GU30 7QQ